Sunday, August 15, 2010

weekend links #4

food links:
--Chinese food is lambasted for its fat content... but the study was for a weightloss aid (from the Guardian). "The Chinese have traditionally cared more about a balanced diet than perhaps any other ethnic group."
--The Ten Ingredient Project, a new food blog to watch. Super healthy stuff here.
--Some really clever tips about organising your freezer (from I'm an Organizing Junkie).
--An article that links to several others discussing hormones in food, sustainable farming, and early onset of puberty (from Re-Nest).

recipe links:
--A huge chocolate chip cookie baked in a cast iron skillet (from The Kitchn).
--I'm always on the look-out for healthier dessert ideas. Here's one: carrot maple oat bars. Add the glaze for a treat, leave as is when it's not a special occasion (from Strawberry Pepper).
--Also, a banana-based iced treat that has no added sugar. I've seen this on a few blogs now and it looks delicious! (from Use Real Butter)

off-topic links:
--Is is more environmentally friendly to read real books or get an e-reader? (from Hey Mr. Green)
--Smelly odours after cooking? I've heard that the Air Sponge will fix it. What is IN there? (from Suzie the Foodie)

1 comment:

Suzie Ridler said...

Thank you so much for mentioning my air sponge review! I have lots of readers and FB followers mention how much they love the product and it can be used in many ways. Now I can make fish and not worry about it lingering in my house for days and days.

And I LOVE your tutorial on making a light box. I have to make one of those one day. Nicely done!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and reading. I look forward to your comment and please feel free to ask questions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails