Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Chilled Cantaloupe Soup


Recently I've been inspired by reading magazines. For example, my local grocery store is called Cold Storage, and they publish a cheap quarterly magazine that is full of clever recipes. This chilled cantaloupe soup is from it.


But I like to read lots of magazines--almost any type are fine by me. I read sports ones about Formula One, running, or working out. I also like house and decorating magazines. I like essay magazines like Time, Monocle, and National Geographic. While in New Zealand on holiday in July I tried out a magazine called North & South ("the magazine for thinking New Zealand") which was very informative. And since arriving here in Singapore I picked up Time Out, of course.


And actually, almost all these magazines give me cooking ideas. The home decorating magazines always include a food feature. Time Out reviews restaurants and something mentioned there usually hits me as a good idea to try. Health and fitness magazines are full of good cooking ideas, and are usually quite inventive. In fact, maybe the Formula One mag is the only one that hasn't recently inspired me to cook something new.

So try this chilled cantaloupe soup, adapted from my grocery store magazine. It's so simple that it takes only a couple of minutes to make. It was just one of many good ideas I have found in magazines this month.


Chilled Cantaloupe Soup
adapted from Cold Storage Savour magazine (July - September 2013)
serves 2 as an appetiser

300 g cantaloupe (a third to a half of the melon)
1/2 c (125 ml) orange juice
1 1/2 t lime juice
2 mint leaves, plus a few more to garnish

Remove the seeds from the melon and roughly chop.
Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
Serve chilled, with a mint leaf.

Do you like reading magazines?

Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/SimplyCooked

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails