Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Baking Dilemma

I stalled for a long time deciding what to make for my edible gifts this Christmas. The truth is I have a dilemma. I think the gift should be something sweet, but I no longer eat a lot of sweet things and have learned to like less sweet treats. In addition, I have almost completely given up grains over the last year.


Grain-free and low sugar desserts (like grain-free honey cakes) are expensive to make. And, let's be honest, they usually do taste a little bit different than the normal versions. They taste great to me -- but I know that my tastebuds have become accustomed and happy with a less intense sweet.

I didn't really want to give low sugar, grain-free gifts. I thought about it for a long time, and almost resolved to make hot sauce or mustard for all our friends. But in the end, Anthony said the gifts should be celebratory (and sugary) and I gave in. I ended up making chocolate chip cookies with everything and gingerbread hearts.


I know my colleagues are going to love their gifts! Those everything cookies are the best cookie I make and gingerbread is so festive.

I am left with my dilemma to mull over for another time. What do you think?

Do you make healthier sweets for Christmas? Or just indulge in the normal versions?

Connect with Simply Cooked on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/SimplyCooked

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails