Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Pork Ribs with Tomato Marinade

Thanks to this week's Wednesdays with Donna Hay challenge I have got over a long standing fear: cooking pork ribs. It turns out they are easy! All I did was mix together a marinade and leave the ribs overnight. Then bake for 40 minutes and they are done. Wow, what was I so worried about?


I changed the marinade recipe. I could not believe it called for one cup of brown sugar. That would sure make the ribs sticky, but it is too much sugar for me. I would rather sacrifice some stickiness in order to not get a sugar high from my main meal.


Pork Ribs with Tomato Marinade
adapted from Modern Classics: Book 1 by Donna Hay
serves 2

2/3 c (6 oz, 170 g) tomato paste
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 T honey
1/4 c Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 t chilli powder
1 1/2 t paprika
1 T white wine vinegar
about 1 kg American pork ribs

Mix together all the ingredients in a shallow bowl or food container. Add a little water if necessary to make a spreadable paste.
Leave for 2 hours or overnight to marinate, shaking occasionally.

Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C). Place the ribs on a wire rack on a baking tray.
Bake for 40 minutes, brushing with the marinade half way through.

This dish is part of our Wednesdays with Donna Hay blogging group. If you want to join us, next week we are making sausage rolls from Modern Classics 1. Visit the others in my blogging group to see if they liked the recipe: Margaret from Tea and Scones, Gaye from Laws of the Kitchen, Kayte from Grandma's Kitchen Table, and Chaya from Bizzy Bakes.

Do you have any foods you are scared of cooking?

Connect with Simply Cooked on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/SimplyCooked

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails